Just because fixed rate mortgage rates have dropped to historic lows doesn't mean that you should automatically refinance. With the economic climate you might not be able to refinance because many banks have tightened the rules for refinancing. As for who is eligible, you will need a 700-720 on your credit score to get the best rates. To refinance at all you need at least a 600. Generally it is worthwhile to refinance if you can save at least a half point off of your current rate. But you do want to be sure that you will have enough time to recoup the cost associated with the refinance. If you move or sell the property too soon you will not be able to recoup the costs of refinancing. If you are in a variable rate mortgage this may be the time to switch to a fixed rate as long as you plan to be in the home long enough to justify the costs and allow you to see the savings.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades